Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, November 20, 2015

Quality Time with God

“A lonely day is God's way of saying that he wants to spend some quality time with you.”
― Criss Jami, Killosophy
_________________________________

I really don’t know
if God would want to spend this day with me

this is one of those days
when I am tired

tired of hate
tired of fear
tired of really bad theology
and Christians behaving badly

(Christians are not the only one’s of course
  but since I take that label, and because the
  instructions about how we are to treat others
  are so clear….)

but I would really like to have God along
for the 7 or 8 hour drive

I need a little restoration
for my soul is frayed

and Sacred is good at that
a little love
a little reconciliation

Sacred Presence
the experience of the divine
overwhelming the words
and behaviors that wound

come my Beloved
come

No comments:

Post a Comment