Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, January 22, 2016

Create Something

“In a time of destruction, create something.”
― Maxine Hong Kingston
____________________________________

we live in a time of destruction
it is what we do

when we are afraid
when we see things we don’t like

when we encounter
ideas
belief
cultures
values that are scary or offend

when something seems inconvenient
to us
(who cares about anybody else)

we start tearing things apart
we start tearing ideas apart
wild life refuges apart

but mostly we find ways to tear people apart
we oppress
minimize
manipulate
we destroy

bang, bang

I know
I have done this
In my own way
Myself

I am done

I am going to try
(and I will sometimes fail)
to be a person who creates

joy
hope
love
esteem
health
peace

I am going to try
to build up
encourage
empower

I am going to try to
now and then
bring a smile
to the face of another

in whatever time
I have left

No comments:

Post a Comment