Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Just listen. Just be. Just witness. Just care.

Just listen. Just be. Just witness. Just care.  You don’t have to fix it!
                                           Laura Berman Fortand, The Little Book of Meaning, p. 45
__________________________________________________________________

I admit it
I almost always want to fix “it”

Whatever it is.

A hurt feeling
A fragmented faith
A damaged relationship
An unquiet mind

Or just a simple matter of logistics

It doesn’t matter what the problem is,
It seems there is a side of me
That thinks it is my job to fix it.

To sooth the feeling
Restore the faith
Repair the relationship
Ease the mind

Or find an easier better way to do things

As if !

I can only fix myself
And even that is questionable
And even if I could fix others (I can’t)

Most of the time it is really up to them
And the Sacred One

No, if I really want to help
It is generally better to
Just listen. Just be. Just witness. Just care

No comments:

Post a Comment