Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, January 16, 2016

There is a place

“I want to think again of dangerous and noble things.
I want to be light and frolicsome.
I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,
as though I had wings.”
― Mary Oliver, Owls and Other Fantasies: Poems and Essays
__________________________________________________

there are days (like today)
when I
have feet of clay

I slog through the day
burdened,
or so I think,
by all my perceived flaws

by an aging body
beset by pain
by a sense of fragility and mortality
that is new and disturbing

by a mind that
while reasonably functional
is way to full of regrets

by a self image
that continually pushes me into the world of
“not enough” (although I know in my head that is silly)

so I go through life
sometimes hiding behind clever barriers
keeping others out
sometimes trying to hard
to impress
to obnoxious loud boy on the playground

and yet there is a place within
where the light still glows

a voice which whispers, “child of God, child of God”
there is that place
where a young boy races through the alfalfa field
with light feet
on a magical quest

there is a place where dreams still lives
and hope still dwells

where I am young
and handsome
strong
and intelligent

where I am content
to be me

No comments:

Post a Comment