Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, March 31, 2016

An Awake Heart

“An Awake Heart is like a sky that pours light.”
— Hafiz
______________________________________

It is easy
at times
to go shallow

to live skin deep
focusing on things that are not you
to cede power to circumstance
to outer powers
to other people

“My pain (shoulder) is why I feel the way I feel”
“My life is a mess because of what ‘they’ have done”
“if only my favorite politician wins, then life will be transformed”
“I am valuable (or not) because of how I look”
“I am my accomplishments”

but it is when our heart is awakened
it is when we are at the center
and our heart “burns within us”
it is when our soul, awake, leaps for joy
at the present of the Sacred

that our true self bursts open
and
life happens!

the challenge is always to go deep
to that place
where we are
who we are
that Sacred Child

No comments:

Post a Comment