Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, March 15, 2016

life before death

“We can tell the world that there is life after death, but the world really seems to be wondering if there is life before death.”
― Shane Claiborne, The Irresistible Revolution: Living as an Ordinary Radical
______________________________________________________________

another day
the sun breaks weakly through winter clouds
and snow lays wetly on the land

another day
how do I make it worth living?
how do I infuse it with energy?

I do so by freeing myself from regrets,
from that which lies behind,

and do so by freeing myself for the future,
by letting go of my anxious need
to have it all planned out

and then grabbing hold of one great mission,
my mission for  this day and every day --

to be a person in whom Sacred love stirs
and to be a person
from who Sacred Love flows

No comments:

Post a Comment