Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, March 28, 2016

of the earth

Humility is a derivative of the Latin word “humus,” meaning “of the earth.”  In this sense humility is the art of being open and receptive to the inner wisdom of your clay…
                                                                                                     John O’Donohue, Eternal Echoes, p.190
______________________________________________________

I would like to be
of the earth

I was divinely made
crafted out of clay
out of that sacred substance
we all share

connected with all others
through all eternity
son of Adam
child of God
I am one of many

and yet I am one
a divine original
through which the Sacred is expressed
uniquely

I have my own wisdom
my own unique melody of the soul

I need be nothing
but who I am

I do not need to create myself
or seek to define who I am

I do not need to impress
or convince others of my worthiness
my value

I need merely stretch my roots
Into the deep richness
of Sacred soil

and rooted there,
grow,
and bear fruit

No comments:

Post a Comment