Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, June 30, 2016

Smile

“Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.”
― Thich Nhat Hanh
__________________________________________

I look at my daughter
smiling at me from the screen
just a vacation picture
but joy oozes
and the smile

it lights up the room

and I am envious
for I am not sure I remember how to smile
oh I do
from time to time

but that smile that makes your face ache?
that comes from somewhere deep within?

Ah, that is an elusive thing

other people seem to find a their smile
they take a selfie, and sparkle
I take a selfie and look like I just had a colonoscopy

I have always been a bit of a serious soul
I think I was old by the time I was 10

but seriously
it would be so nice to smile
really smile

to feel the joy
as it flies (thanks Blake)

but how do I bring a smile to the surface?
how do I move from looking, and feeling
so pained?

perhaps
the smile is the thing
perhaps the smile draws joy to the surface
perhaps a smile draws joy from afar

I suppose it cannot hurt to smile
so I will try
just don’t chastise me

if I walk around looking
constipated

just smile back

No comments:

Post a Comment