Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Sunday, June 5, 2016

The New Piety

Do not strut proudly on account of your good deeds.
Do not let pride waylay you.
When you deem yourself holier than others,
know that you have fallen into grave error. "
                                                          - Shaykh Abdul Qadir al- Jilani
_____________________________________________________

they infuriate me Beloved
you know the one’s

those rigid, hateful ones
those blind leaders of the blind

those people whose priorities
cause them to choose wealth and power
over love

they neglect the elderly
and abandon the children

they are so proud, so judgmental!

I am so thankful that I am not
proud
and judgmental like

them

oooops

perhaps
when I think I am looking at them
I am looking in a mirror
and seeing myself

looking back
doppelgänger of piety

mea culpa
mea maxima culpa

No comments:

Post a Comment