Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Good morning, mind

Don’t just do something, sit there! – Unknown

______________________________________

this morning I woke impelled to get up

this impulse rolled through my body
screaming

you must get up you must get up you must get up
there are things to do!

but I could not name them
my anxiety was purposeless and unfocused

Ah!  what a time to sit there and do nothing!
but feel the breathe move in an out
watch the sun begin its dance through the trees
and let the muddy water of my mind
settle
into clearness

I imaged the faces of people
co-workers
the people I will listen to this day

I breathed some more
taking it all in, and letting it all go,

then slowly I swung my feet out of bed
left foot
right foot
left foot

coffee
and, oh yes,
breathe

No comments:

Post a Comment