Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, July 9, 2016

Heart

A heart will reflect the reality
of the heart it keeps company with
              Sayyiduna 'Ali ibn Talib
_______________________________

what does my heart reflect?

the dark things rotting in the corners of my soul
those part of me that are most me
when I am not close to
the Sacred?

does my life show fear
or emptiness
hate
or greed?

or does my heart reflect
Sacred Presence
that warm light which fills the space within
and radiates

compassion
generosity
patience
kindness
gentleness
self control

love?

O Scared shine
don’t merely flicker
may the radiance of
your fondness
permeate
each moment
each encounter
each action

even in the deep night
through which I (through which we all)
now walk

may I be
however imperfectly
a lamp in the darkness

No comments:

Post a Comment