Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, July 28, 2016

Staying

“It will not be easy, but this is our next move I feel, not to remake the system but to LEAVE it in whatever ways we can. This is what remains for us to do, to band together and "Sysexit." The time is NOW.

That WE, as ONE, the children of Love, are the Saviors of this world, and that the power is in us, AS us, IS the Truth that will set us free. Come OUT of here. Let the system crumble when we exit. We will still BE--and we will be FREE.”
                                                                                      FaceBook Post
________________________________________________________

Sometimes I want to quit
Sometimes I want to say, “No matter what we do, it doesn’t work.  I am out of here”

Sysexit

Indeed

But I cannot do it!
I cannot let the system crumble as I exit
with my “principles” (or whatever) intact.

I cannot walk away
and rejoice in my liberation

for it is not just about me

and I have to ask
at what cost my freedom?

what happens to the poor
to the children,
to the emigrants,
the mentally ill?

What happens to all those vulnerable people,
If I walk out because of, well, “me”?

When have the true “saviors of the world”, the “children of love”
the people of the Spirit, the “spiritual elite” ever walked out?

That would be like Gandhi running from India, because it was too big of a mess
Martin Luther King hiding some place safe because the way was hard and dangerous
Jesus, ascending before the cross,
leaving the world without the lesson contained in his death

These are hard times
staying and working is hard, dirty work
it does not allow for a spiritual exceptionalism
that places one above others

it is tiring, frustrating, and oh so costly
ask Gandhi, ask King, ask Jesus.

as for me I will stay in the mix
and will do the best I can to work for justice and equity
in a world without either

I will work with people who are imperfect
I will take small successes, and celebrate

I may not always get what I want
I may not always succeed
but I will stay
I will stay

No comments:

Post a Comment