Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, August 5, 2016

Being Kind

“You can either practice being right or practice being kind.”
                                                          Anne Lamott
________________________________________________

I really like be right
Really
Like
Being right!

And when I am committed to this goal
I am robbed of my ability to be kind

I’ve thought about it
And decided this is true

In order for me to be right
Someone else has to be wrong

I have to be superior
The other has to be inferior

I have to impose my way
And the other has cede

After all
I am right

Right?

Ah, Lord
Rescue me from my need to be right
So that I can listen
And seek to understand
And lose my “superiority”

So that I can be kind

No comments:

Post a Comment