Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, August 4, 2016

Beneath the anger

Beneath the instinct to fight there lurks a diviner instinct to love.”
― Inazo Nitobe, Bushido: The Soul of Japan. A Classic Essay on Samurai Ethics
______________________________________________________

I wake up ready to fight
all the ills of the world
clamoring

and then I step into the new day
fresh coolness
the sun
sneaking over the Devils

setting the grass on fire

day lilies greet the day with open arms
and the giants of the woods
gently sway

rooted and strong

they were here long before me,
and will be here long after I am gone

and in their shadow
I drink in Sacred presence
and humbled
and eased,

I want merely to embrace
all that is good
and nurture it
with love

transfiguration

No comments:

Post a Comment