Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Bobbing of Diving

The Cork atop the Ocean
(With thanks to Carl Jung)

A cork atop the ocean
Sometimes that is what I know

About myself
About life
About God

I like to think I am a rational being
And that I have insight
as if this conscious self
is who I am

And yet
all I actually know about myself
may only be a cork atop the ocean

beneath my conscious point of view
there is likely so much more

It is funny how things work
How we say and do things
with one intention
which produce oddly different outcomes
than we intended

perhaps it is about the ocean
and those things that lurk in the unconscious
like strange creatures of the deep

that surface
like the Loch Ness monster

fleeting
half formed

coming to the surface and showing themselves
telling us, and those we meet,
that there is more going on
than even we know

what is in there
in those depths?

What would I learn if I could
only go into the dark void
and understand the deep currents that drive my life?

Perhaps it is time
perhaps it is always time
to dive deep
into the ocean

into that unknown
scary
but also creative source

that is me
_____________________________________________

 Ps 139:23-24:  Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment