Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Hiding in plain sight

“We have two ears and one mouth and we should use them proportionally.”
― Susan Cain, Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking
_____________________________________

Sometimes we just talk
We talk because we are nervous
Because we want to impress
We talk because we find it hard to live with silence

And yet the world is full of lessons to be learned
And people who have marvelous things to share

One does not have to be an extrovert to blather on
Sometimes is the first great defense
A great way to hid
Our vulnerability and our fear

I hide behind words
I am good at words
I am not so good at being me
And revealing my true self
I am not conversant with silence

Forgive me O Sacred One
When I talk and do not listen
Forgive me dear friends, when I hide
Behind an avalanche of words

It’s not you
It’s me, really!

Forgive me O Sacred One
And help me to use my ears

After all,
I have two of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment