Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, August 8, 2016

Seen by God

In the Hindu tradition, darshan (or darsana) is to behold the Divine and to allow yourself to be fully seen. Many Hindus visit temples not to see God, but to let God gaze upon them--and then to join God's seeing which is always unconditional love and compassion. During your time of contemplative prayer, allow God's eyes to behold your nothingness and nakedness. Imagine God looking upon God's Self within you, loving what God sees. If thoughts, emotions, or sensations distract you, return your awareness and attention to receiving God's gaze.
                                                                                                     Richard Rohr
___________________________________________________________

here I am O Sacred One

here before you
the object of your scrutiny

it feels a little scary
for my soul is naked
and your gaze is penetrating

cutting through all my masks
seeing the deepest parts of me
for good
or for ill

there are ugly things
there in my soul

there is beauty too

how dare I allow myself to be
so seen
(as if I have a choice)

Because I dare believe
That this One who sees it all

Sees it through the eyes of
Love
And mercy
And grace

And so I believe
God loves what God sees

In me
And yes, in you too

No comments:

Post a Comment