Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, September 1, 2016

Dodging Bugs

I almost stepped on a bug today
There it was
Just creeping across the road
Dodging the rocks
Minding its own business

And I almost
Almost
Altered my step so I could

Squash it!

Yeah!!!!!

Why?
Just because I could
Just because there is a part of me that loves power
And loves exerting that power
On something, someone, who is smaller, more vulnerable

Ah, we are indeed bent
With original blessing gone
That we would so use power and strength
To diminish and destroy
Rather than protect and lift up

But I didn’t

For some reason it became not just an ugly bug
But a living thing
Worthy of respect

And so I walked on by

Leaving it to fly again in the night
Swooping in the light
Entertainment for my cat



No comments:

Post a Comment