Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Finding Our Way

“It is because Humanity has never known where it was going that it has been able to find its way.”
                              Oscar Wilde, The Critic as Artist
______________________________________________

There are brief moments when I think I know what I am doing,
Where I am going.

But I am quickly dissuaded from this delusion

I reach for things that are no longer there
I make plans that soon dissolve
Eroded by multitudinous factors over which I have no control

Love comes and goes
Affirmation comes and goes
Success fades
Failure does to

Nothing remains stable
Remains the same

Except
The simple fact that I am a Sacred Child
And I do no walk this way alone

And each choice I make
Is not a finality but a genesis
Not a resolution
But the creation of a new and blessed incertitude

The harder I hang on to my plans,
My expectations
The more I look over my should at what has been
Or peer into the future, anxious about what will be

the more I miss out
on the Sacred gifts, that lie upon
a rapidly unfolding way

and so each day, each moment
I with empty hands
follow the ever evolving choices,
Those breadcrumbs of God

No comments:

Post a Comment