Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, September 30, 2016

the prey

For thirty years I sought God.
But when I looked carefully ....

I found that in reality God was
the seeker .... and I the sought. "
                                           - Bayazid Bistami
___________________________________________

I think I have always sought to find that Sacred
To connect with Sacred Power
Sacred Hope
Sacred Love

But I must have a short-attention span
All too often I suddenly realize
That my attention is clearly
Somewhere
Else

On success, or money
On political candidates (yuk)
On my past
My future

So many things
The Sacred just gets lost

And then
I am found
In the sun coming over the edge of the earth
In a text from a friend
In a mountain top breaking through the clouds
In calves playing in the field

Suddenly the Sacred is there
In my face
Saying
“Hey!  I’ve been looking for you”

No comments:

Post a Comment