Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, September 9, 2016

Time to blossom

May all that is unforgiven in you
Be released

May your fears yield
Their deepest tranquilities

May all that is unlived in your
Blossom into a future
Graced with love
                             John O’Donohue
___________________________


There is so much
Inside this soul

That has never come alive

I was a little old man by the time I was 9

And since that time
I have sunk my roots in the
Sterile soil of “shoulds” and “oughts”
and “musts”

I have tried to be what other people
Thought I should be

I have hidden behind
Intellect
And words
Behind titles and success

and I have plodded through life
only partly alive
withering in the shadows

but there are times
when the sun shines
and my soul wants to blossom

when people come into my life
full of grace, and life and love
and

and if I yield
to Sacred call

and open my heart to
the gift God has given

then my soul may unfold
in love’s light


all that is unlived may live
my soul may blossom

and I will have a future
graced with love

No comments:

Post a Comment