Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, October 24, 2016

Junk food

" Plant
so that
your
own heart ....
will
grow. "
              - Hafiz
________________________________

What grows in the garden of my soul?
That which I have planted
That which I have watered, and nurtured

What if bring into my soul is as important
As that which I bring into my body
If I eat junk food, it shows

If I plant and nurture spiritual weeds
Those things that are twisted, ugly, and uncontrollable

It shows

I cannot carry greed, hate, fear, anger, bitterness
Around in my soul, and not have it show it my words and actions

But neither can I carry around love, compassion, forgiveness, and generosity
Around in my soul, and not have it show in my words and actions

This day, in the fertile soil of my soul
I seek to plant and nurture those things
That will grow my heart

That I might reflect the divine presence
within

No comments:

Post a Comment