Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Original Blessing

Love is what we are born with. Fear is what we learn. The spiritual journey is the unlearning of fear and prejudices and the acceptance of love back in our hearts. Love is the essential reality and our purpose on earth. To be consciously aware of it, to experience love in ourselves and others, is the meaning of life.”
                                                                                       Marianne Williamson
______________________________________________________________

Forget original sin
Bullshit
Really

God created the world and it was
Good

And when angels sang over Bethlehem
It was to those with whom God
Was “well pleased”.

Oh we can be ugly
Sinful if you like
Yes we give into fear
Yes, we get selfish
Yes we hate, and misuse power
Yes
Yes
Yes

But that is not our nature
It may be “who we are”
But it is also not who we are

For me faith is a matter of unlearning so many things
That do not work
Self loathing
Fear
The need to win (be number one)
Some pretty profound selfishness (me first)
A desperate need to be liked and admired

I must unlearn so that I can learn
Not for the first time
That I am loved by God
That I do not have to fear
That winning isn’t everything
And that I gain more by giving then by grasping

And that the only person I need to really please
Is God (and perhaps myself)

I am
A sacred child
I am
Loved by the Sacred
I am

No comments:

Post a Comment