Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, May 15, 2017

freedom to not think

“People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought
which they seldom use.”
                                                                         Søren Kierkegaard
_________________________________________________

One can only take so much ignorance
I will choose to call it ignorance
Because stupidity seems too strong

 But I am not too sure

Einstein once said “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity;
 and I'm not sure about the universe.”

Maybe it is just that Facebook makes us dumber
Or perhaps all  these left wing, right wing web sites

But seriously people
Obama is not Satan
Trump is not a good business man
The GOP did not protect people with pre-existing conditions
The Democrats don’t have a clue about how to run a campaign, or challenge the far right

It’s a mess out there
And people (including myself)
Spout off regularly about things they don’t understand
Be quit, and be thought a fool
Or post a status and remove all doubt

I am angry today at those who believe the spin the GOP put on this abomination call the
American Health Care Act
Give Money to the Insurance Company’s Health Act is more like it

I am tired of people who only one issue
Abortion for example
And are willing to commit all sorts of atrocities against women because
Abortion

Cut women’s health care
Cut aid to single mothers
Cut health care for kids
Cut education
Cut programs to treat addiction and mental illness
Cut programs that prevent pregnancy
But for God’sakes, don’t allow abortions

Perhaps, if all the other things were funded
There we not be a need for abortions
And those children, not aborted would have a chance at life
Instead of being doomed to a living hell

If I hear one more pious asshole rejoice because
Defunding Planned Parenthood saves all those babies
I’ll puke

Women need healthcare
Planned Parenthood does way more than abortions
And NO federal dollars ever funded an abortion

I am not a fan of abortion
But I believe in the right to choose
More than that, I believe women need access to reproductive health

The left is almost as bad
As it doubles down and acts much like the right
Unable to moderate, compromise

Talking points abound

I could go on and on
I could rant and rave

But I will take a deep breath
Try to connect with that sacred one within
And turn
And do what I care about

Helping people

And I will try really hard
Not to be freaked out
By the thoughtless
Ideologically blind
Stuff
That comes from left and right

I will try to walk the way of Christ
It is all I
Can do

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment