Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, May 26, 2017

Sacred Silence

“I'm smiled out, talked out, quipped out, socialized so far from any being,
I need the weight of mortal silences to get realized back into myself.”
                                            John Ciardi, This Strangest Everything
__________________________________________________

Today I feel slow, low, ugly, puffy, drooped, pooped.
Instead of being bright I am dull
Instead of being generous I am selfish
Instead of being thankful I am angry

I am bored an apathetic

Get the idea?

The call it lots of things
Tired
Compassion fatigue

I guess it comes from being an introvert who has two jobs that are all about people
Counseling, and pastoring

What was I thinking?

I am more at home in my study
With my books, the dog
And perhaps a spare cat or two

But it is what it is

So I need time times of mortal silence
Sunrise
Sunset
The quiet enormity of Sacred generosity

Going I find myself coming
and God
too

No comments:

Post a Comment