Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, June 3, 2017

A living contradiction

Sometimes I come face to face with the fact
That I am a living contradiction

It is surprising how often it happens
that I find I say one thing
believe one thing
but end up living quite a different reality

I believe in generosity
but all too often hug things to myself

I believe in caring and listening
But all too often don’t listen well
at all, at all

Ok, I do care!
but I am not sure anyone would know it
as I hang out inside myself
and find it so very difficult to share what I am feeling
(I seem to have no problem sharing what I am thinking, sadly)

I believe in forgiveness
but when it comes to those I see trampling on the vulnerable
all bets are off

I believe in love
but I can be so angry
and there are people I am coming to hate

I believe the Sacred lives in me
but so often I have very little sense of sacred presence

a living contradiction, no doubt about it
but there are times
when I stop
step away from my brain
and see it all so clearly

a try to let go of those things that are unbeautiful about me
and try to engage, with all my heart, soul, mind and strength

and there are times

that I do

No comments:

Post a Comment