Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, June 28, 2017

lost and found

“Most people felt lost after high school. Sometimes I felt like I'd never really been found in the first place.”
                              Lish McBride, Hold Me Closer, Necromancer
__________________________

In the dusty dying moments of a life
there are wonderings
an adding up of columns

debits and credits
doing the math

does it add up, this life?
have I made a difference for good,
or have I blundered through life,
like a drunken hit and run driver

doing more harm than good?

have I become what I was meant to be?
who was I meant to be?
do I even know?
what that true self looks like
plan A in the book of life?

have I followed my path
or merely let others determine who I am?

it is all a mystery
and perhaps that is the way it is meant to be
one day
one step at a time

left foot
right foot
left foot
breathe

being nudged by the Sacred

standing in the rain
saying
“here I am
in this moment

doing the best I can,
doing what I care about

not really lost,
just on the way


to somewhere

No comments:

Post a Comment