Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Getting Older

“As you get older; you've probably noticed that you tend to forget things. You'll be talking with somebody at a party, and you'll know that you know this person, but no matter how hard you try, you can't remember his or her name. This can be very embarrassing, especially if he or she turns out to be your spouse.”
                                                                                                      Dave Barry
____________________________________

It’s a funny thing, aging
I mean really
What does it feel like to get “older”

There is a part of me that doesn’t know
That feels as young as I have every felt
But of course

There is the me that shows up in the mirror
Who is that old man?
With such white hair
Age spots
Wrinkles
A belly

And it is true
That this body cannot do what it used to do
And most mornings, it just hurts

I’m at the point where everything hurts, and what doesn’t hurt
Doesn’t work

I still have energy
Until 2 pm

And I can still find enough energy, to do some tasks that needed doing.
But I can’t remember jack
And there are hundreds if not thousands of people out there, whose faces I recognize,
But whom I cannot give a name…

And so many names, that don’t have faces,

And I look back and know
I could not longer do what I once did
I could not build Wallowa Valley Center for Wellness, again
I will never be the dynamic pastor I was at Lake Grove

Things are now missing

It is not that I don’t have a sense of future
Its just that my future is…

Limited
And at times I look wistfully into the past
When so much more
Lay ahead



No comments:

Post a Comment