Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, July 26, 2017

head and heart

“Do not let arrogance go to your head and despair to your heart; do not let compliments go to your head and criticisms to your heart; do not let success go to your head and failure to your heart.”
                                                           Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

_____________________________

Is there a choice to be made
Between the mind and the heart

Does the heart know, what the mind cannot see?

Can the head quiet the heart?

the two are bound
it is the way we are designed
what goes on in our head impacts our hearts
and our hearts, at times, can quiet and inform the mind

the first seems far easier than the second
for the mind does not know when to shut up
but rants about, everything

I am not too worried that arrogance, or compliments, or success
Will go to my head
I have had plenty of success,
My mind is not dominated by those things

I do not hear the compliments, and I cannot own my success
What seems to find a place in my head are the fears, and the pain of failure

And yet
My heart seems to know what my mind cannot comprehend
Sends the message daily
Through my soul
Pounding at the door of my mind

You are a Sacred child
You are Sacred
You are
You

Loveable
And

loved

No comments:

Post a Comment