Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, August 29, 2017

I saw God

Where is the door to God?
In the sound of a barking dog
In the ring of a hammer
In a drop of rain
In the face of
Everyone
I See
                             Hafiz
---------------------------------------

I saw God today….
Really!
It wasn’t easy

For god was not in the twist face of Trump threatening war
Nor in the faces of angry white people, whose privilege is slipping
Nor in their torches, instruments of terror

But God was seen
In the smiling goofy face of my puppy
In the red sun rising
And in the clouds scattered in the sky

God was see in the doe
And in her twin babies

And in the cat
Slinking through the vibrant green field

God was seen in the people huddled in a church in Virginia
Opposing racism

Yes, I saw God today
I hope God shows up tomorrow


No comments:

Post a Comment