Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Wandering toward the Kingdom

“There are two questions a man must ask himself: The first is 'Where am I going?' and the second is 'Who will go with me?' If you ever get these questions in the wrong order you are in trouble.”
                                            Sam Keen, Fire in the Belly: On Being a Man
------------------------------------

Follow me Jesus said
walking through the deep dust of Galilee
we are headed to Jerusalem
we are wandering toward the kingdom

Who will go with me?

Who will go with me?
today’s leaders cry
give me you loyalty
and will take you far

how far?
Very far
So far. So fast. So easy!

Where?
It will be great

Ok they cry!
and follow down a path
littered with those wounded and left behind

where are we headed?
Just follow me
Questions are not allowed

And so
addicted to the journey
they march
leaving death in their wake

but they are addicted to what they seek
and so
the do not see
they do not care
and so
they march


No comments:

Post a Comment