Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, September 18, 2017

awful thoughts

“I thought such awful thoughts that I cannot even say them out loud because they would make Jesus want to drink gin straight out of the cat dish.”
                                                                                       Anne Lamott
______________________________________

There are days
When I just can’t handle the news
Can’t abide the hate
Can’t respect those seekers of wealth, who make money more important that people

There are days when everyone is an idiot and an asshole
Really!

And there are days when, in my bully brain,
The biggest idiot and asshole is me.

Ah, my sweet God of love
How you must shake your head
And wish
That I could seem look for what is good
And real
And positive

In others
And in myself

This is the grand paradox that can drive us to drink
That the one who accepts us and loves us as we are
(although this one does not necessarily like where we are, and may be determined to change us)
Is the same one who asks us to accept and love those around us
Even those we hate.

So Mr Trump
So too, signers of the Nashville Statement
So too, those who would throw the vulnerable under the bus
So too, the old guy looking at me out of the mirror

You are loved
As much as possible by me
A whole lot
By

God

No comments:

Post a Comment