Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, September 11, 2017

Belief

“If your body is screaming in pain, whether the pain is muscular contractions, anxiety, depression, asthma or arthritis, a first step in releasing the pain may be making the connection between your body pain and the cause. “Beliefs are physical. A thought held long enough and repeated enough becomes a belief. The belief then becomes biology.”
               Marilyn Van Derbur, Miss America By Day: Lessons Learned From Ultimate Betrayals And
                                                     Unconditional Love
_________________________________________

There are days like today
When everything hurts
And what doesn’t hurt doesn’t work

There are days when my whole body hurts
And my mind hurts
And my heart hurts
And my soul hurts

Oh!

Yes, I know how to manage and control it all
And manage it and control it I do

But it can still be a lonely place
Where you breathe and meditate
Where you walk, and take pictures

And just do what you care about

But long
For someone who seems to care
Someone to touch
And be touched by……

I know my pain is physical
And mental
And emotional
And spiritual

And it goes with me
Daily
Into the places I go
It goes with me as I do what I care about

And how my day goes,
Depends on how I think about things

And I chose
To think
I can
__________________________

My time is spent working with people who struggle with pain at
The Center for Optimal Living
Persistent Pain Program


No comments:

Post a Comment