Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Stupid Things

“When we struggle to change ourselves we, in fact, only continue the patterns of self-judgement and aggression. We keep the war against ourselves alive.”
               Jack Kornfield, A Path with Heart: A Guide Through the Perils and Promises of Spiritual Life
________________________________

I do enough stupid things in a day
To last a life time

Some of my errors are massive
I get tired
Depleted
Empty

And then I act, talk, behave stupidly
Sometimes hurting myself
Sometimes hurting others

And when I screw up
I am the master of self condemnation
I make an art of it
Truly

But here is the thing
Most of my stupidity emerges out of a sense of deficit
Of “not being enough”

And with this as a back drop I act in ways I hope
Will make me look bigger, or bring me relief
But which make me small, and make things worse

And I only become smaller
And more in need

I lose
And sadly I usually don’t become better
I just get entrench in further attempts to compensate
For my deficit

Sometimes you just have to let go
Sometimes we just need to step away from the brain.
And end the war against ourselves



No comments:

Post a Comment