Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Sunday, October 29, 2017

Going Home

“My soul is from elsewhere, I'm sure of that, and I intend to end up there.”
― Jalaluddin Rumi
_____________________

Many wise sages have said it
We are not our own

we come from some place
or something
or someone

and we are on a tortuous path
back

I like to think of it as “going home”
but here’s the thing

we can lose our way
as we become attached to so many things

success, money, power, pleasure
and we forget where home lies

which is why Jesus said we have to die to live

I am not Buddhist, and do not claim to understand it deeply
But it too seems to talk about being, then not-being, then being again

We exist only for a moment, and then that self dies, and is reborn into the person we are the next moment.

I think there is something in all of this
In all this dying, or letting go
In the act of constantly letting go of everything we are
So that we might become everything we might be

I see my role in life as that of letting heaven happen inside me
And making heaven happen around me

I do that best when I have a sense of where I am heading
When I am consciously walking toward that which is Love
When I live toward my values


For “my soul is from elsewhere, I'm sure of that, and I intend to end up there.”

No comments:

Post a Comment