Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, October 7, 2017

thoughts about contempt

" Do not view ... anyone with contempt,
for the friends of God .... are often hidden. "
               Makhdoon Ashraf Jahangir Semnani
_____________________________________

I often say
That as Sacred Children,
We must emulate our Sacred heritage

We must love
As the Beloved loves
Unconditionally, completely, forever

I truly believe
That we are all Sacred Children
And that the Sacred seed is hidden in each of us
Sometimes well hidden, but still there

And so I believe
It is not best to view another with hatred, contempt, disrespect

But I cannot live it out
I truly cannot

I cannot help but view with disrespect a President who uses division as tool of manipulation
I cannot help but have contempt for those who would cut services to the needy
To hand a tax cut to the rich

I cannot find much room in my heart and soul and mind
For compassion and forgiveness for a man who sits in a room
36 stories up, and kills 58 people

I know I should try to understand
To feel his pain
The abyss into which he had fallen

But I can’t

So I will pray for him, his family
I will pray for those who were killed, and those who loved them
I will pray for Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell
And pray for Trump
And pray for America, that it will wake up to its culture of violence
And its need for gun control

And I will pray that
We can all seek understanding and respect

And I will pray most earnestly
For myself


No comments:

Post a Comment