Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, December 1, 2017

Dawn will come

“Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand that this too, was a gift.”
                                           Mary Oliver
_____________________________________________

I am sitting in the darkness
waiting for the light

I am impatient this morning
for the light to come
for there is too much darkness in this life

on this long almost winters night
I am tired of this blackness
which seems to penetrate and obscure

and I suppose there are times when I wonder
if this will be the morning when the sun does not rise

ah, but then the slightest gray
and I prepare to greet the dawn
embracing it as a long lost love

flooded with gratitude
grasping, as if for the first time
the gift
of both this darkness
and this light

for in the darkness the smallest light is seen
felt, embraced, rejoiced

and in even that vague and fragile  light
the vulnerability of the
darkness is
revealed

and in that moment I know
the light shines in the darkness
and the darkness will not overcome it


dawn will come

No comments:

Post a Comment