Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, December 25, 2017

hearts full of grace

“Not everybody can be famous. But everybody can be great, because
greatness is determined by service. You don’t have to have a college
degree to serve. You don’t have to make your subject and verb agree to
serve. You don't have to know about Plato or Aristotle to serve. You
don’t have to know Einstein's theory of relativity to serve. You don’t
have to know the second theory of thermodynamics in physics to serve.
You only need a heart full of grace and a soul generated by love.”
― Martin Luther King, Jr.
______________________________________________

what does it mean to be “great”
Trump thinks is about money and power
And the use of that power on others…

Crush, maim
“I win”

Happy Dog things greatness in a human
Is about walks taken
Balls tossed
Snacks offered

It is about kindness
And love
And “being there” (at 5:30 am when he wants to play)

Jesus would agree more with Happy Dog
“The one who would be first must be last”
“The one who would be great must be the servant of all”

This day I will have many chances to be great
They will come in the grocery store
When I am in my office
As I walk the street of my tiny community

And greatness will be measured
Not when I prove how brilliant I am
Or impose my perspective on another

But when I listen
When I care
When I am kind

My one goal this day
Is to be great
With “a heart full of grace

and a soul generated by love”

No comments:

Post a Comment