Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, April 4, 2018

The way to Wisdom


The four sayings that lead to wisdom:
I was wrong
I'm sorry
I don't know
I need help”
               Louise Penny
_____________________

There are days I don’t feel very wise
66 years old, edging toward 67
And still there are times
When I realize

I may not have a clue
Not a clue about what makes a life

Not a clue about friendship or intimacy
About kindness or compassion

The problem is I was taught to be the strong one
The wise one
The effective one

And I will be that “one”
Yes I will

But I am profoundly human
I make mistakes
I hurt people
There are things I do not know
Although I often pretend I do

So I go through life
Fundamentally encased
In my need to be liked and admired
To be the one people turn to

What I need to learn ( what we all need to learn)
Is that sometimes we screw up (admit it)
Sometimes we hurt people (damn)
Sometimes we just don’t have the answer (only questions)

And sometimes
We need help

Sometimes



the
We need to let down our guard
Our veneer of competence

And say
In all humility
And all hope

“a little help?”


No comments:

Post a Comment