Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, May 7, 2018

earthbound


"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon
and the stars mirrored in your own being." ...
                                           Rumi (from Rumi, Saadi, Hafiz (Poems and Quotes) FB page)
_______________________________________

solitary it sits
perched loftily on
its Ponderosa throne

screeching
screeching

its defiance
into the cool air of morning

how I long to be up there
proud potentate of the sky

instead I plod
earthbound

and let the roiling storm within
cloud my vision
and give me feet of clay

ah
give me breath O Beloved
deep breath
that I may calm my soul

an see reflected
in the deep calm pool
of my soul

an eagle
wings spread
against the sky

No comments:

Post a Comment