Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, May 25, 2018

Hate is a waste


“Hate is a lack of imagination.”
― Graham Greene, The Power and the Glory
_____________________________________

I hated today!
I admit it
I heard the words echoing around in my skull
As I listened to him speak,

Why can’t you just die!

It is all too easy, this thing called hate
All to easy

But hate is a lack of imagination

if I hate
I do not have the ability to see
the good in you
the possibilities in you
the sacred in you

if I hate
I have already given up
on change
and reconciliation and compassion

if I hate I can do nothing more imaginative
than violence
I have no better solutions than
lying
misrepresenting
excluding
judging
picking up a gun

hate is a colossal waste of energy

________________________________

Lord help me not to hate
I find it all too easy

No comments:

Post a Comment