Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, May 12, 2018

hungry souls


Remember: whatever is burrowed deep in one hungry soul
Is bound to be tethered to the hearts of many many more
Hannah Brencher
_________________________

Empty
Thirsty
Hungry

We know what it is
This place
Where our souls are longing
Aching
Seeking

Sometimes this poor soul
Is more a haunted mansion
Inhabited by hungry ghosts

Than a Sacred Temple
A dwelling place the Most High

In my aching, in my hunger
I am bound
To other hungry souls

My fear fellowships with their fear
My greed with their greed
My anger with theirs

And soon we are a ravenous pack of humanity
Heading down the wrong path
Predators

Grim it is!

But it is not inevitable
This journey into darkness
For I am tethered, bound
To that from whence I came

To all that is good, and compassionate
Generous and loving

This hungry soul can be fed
This emptiness filled
This thirst quenched

The more I embrace the Sacred
The more open to Sacred Presence
The more I am devoured by Love

The more content I am
The more at peace
The more grateful

And that peace is what I offer
To those with whom I am bound
That gratitude, that contentment
Is what I love

Is what passes from me
To those around me
Through my words, my attitudes,
My actions

whatever is burrowed deep in this hungry soul
Is bound to be tethered to the hearts of many many more

May it be love

No comments:

Post a Comment