Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Lessons everywhere


Anything that annoys you is teaching you patience.
Anyone who abandons you is teaching you how to stand up on your own two feet
Anything that angers you is teaching you forgiveness and compassion
Anything that has power over you is teaching you how to take your power back
Anything you hate is teaching you unconditional love
Anything you fear is teaching you courage to overcome your fear.
Anything you can’t control is teaching you how to let go
Unknown
_______________________________________________________________

there are, it seems,
lessons everywhere

the opportunities for our lives to be shaped
in ways deep,
come moment by moment,
from the very moment of waking
until we sleep again

but each lesson provides two options

a negative event, thought or feeling
can push us into greater darkness
entombing us, eventually, in hate and fear, anger and violence

or that same event can be that which we grasp
and use to pull ourselves out of the hungering dark
into the light

what makes the difference?
for me it is knowing
that I carry within me Sacred Presence
(you may call it what you will)

I have love itself, dwelling in my soul
I am not empty, a mere shell, which will collapse
at the lightest blow
for I am stuffed with the divine

and I can take whatever comes my way
and transform it

it doesn’t meant there won’t be scary times
or that I won’t get hurt
it does not mean that will not know failure
it simply means that I am not powerless
or alone

and
if I choose to go deeply into my soul
and rest there (at least from time to time)
I will be transformed the nature of what lives there
(love)
and live accordingly

and thus, “in a gentle way, shake the world” (Gandhi)

No comments:

Post a Comment