Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, May 19, 2018

Live in the questions


“Have patience with everything that remains unsolved in your heart.
...live in the question.”
Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet
________________________________________________________

I have so many questions
The longer I live
The more I have

It seems as for every answer
There are 5 questions,
Waiting to ambush me

And so I walk each day
With so much unresolved
Living the questions

Knowing that perhaps there is no answer
to be found in this world
in this moment

only in the depth of eternity
and maybe not then

perhaps then it won’t matter anymore
as I find resolution
and return to the One from whom I came

Why do children get sick?
Whey do parents brutalize their children, mental, and physically?
Why are we so selfish?
Why do wicked people seem to prosper?
Why do we so easily believe liars?
Where am I going?
Has my life been worth anything?
Why am I so often lonely?
Why do I do so many stupid things?
How do we create change?
How do we defeat evil?

These things torment me, and go unresolved
Yet I will hold them patiently
And I will let them go
For they are of no earthly good
Of no heavenly good either

and the answers are sometimes worse
being not the answer
really

so

I will live in the questions...
And keep walking
Keep searching
Keep trying
Keep loving (as best I can)

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment