Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, May 30, 2018

love and power

Powered By Ringsurf

“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
___________________________

Today I watched the world burning
I watched as greed men abused the earth, and lusted for more
I watched as men and women in leadership, tacitly approved torture
I watched our “leader” lie and lie and lie again
And assail the rule of law
I watch congress remain silent while the checks and balances that have kept our country safe
Were eroded

I watched a modern day Pharisee (Franklin Graham) judged and demean and play God
Suggesting that only he, and those who violate the spirit of Jesus’ teachings every day
Are the keepers of the Kingdom

I watched our country reaffirm its commitment to violence as a way of life
And listened to people choose guns over children

I heard hate, and saw hate
I heard greed and saw greed
I heard arrogance and saw arrogance
I heard judgement and saw exclusion
I heard racism and saw functional genocide

Ah what a world we live in
So full of evil and dysfunction

And I, I too
I am in the mix, with my own stuff
My own hate
My own desire that God judge and punish
That someone (who shall not be named) just die

Mea Culpa
Mea Maxima Culpa

Kyrie Eleison

On me
On those I love
Yes, O Sacred One

Even on those whom, today, I wished were gone

I think it is time
To dwell on the beauty of life
To run with the stars

And to remember God’s love
And God’s power
And what can happen
When power and love come together

No comments:

Post a Comment