Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Sunday, May 27, 2018

love or fear

Powered By Ringsurf


“The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.”
― Franklin D. Roosevelt, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's First Inaugural Address
______________________________________

sometimes I think our fear is killing us

fear of failure
drives us into a lifestyle of stress and over work
and kills joy

fear that we are not enough
causes us to numb our lives
with alcohol or drugs

fear of strangers causes us to
execute compassion
and kill kindness

fear of other faiths
causes us to close our hearts
and kill forgiveness and love

fear causes us to hate
and judge
to oppress
and even to kill (literally)

fear feeds on fear
and feeds on us
and makes us less

there is only one antidote,
love!

wisdom reminds us
that “perfect love casts out fear”

but in the midst of fear
love is hard to find
in most cases

I have to import it

I cannot overcome fear by myself
and love?
it has to come from the place it ALWAYS lives
from the Sacred One

it has to come as Spirit
it has to come into that place at the center of who I
am, that place that makes me “me”
it has to come
into heart and soul

and only when it does
can I move beyond fear

can I move beyond the fear
that I will fail
that I will be rejected
that I will be hurt

only then can I dispel my greatest fear
that I will end up isolated
alone
without respect
without affection
without friends
surrounded by books and cats
but alone

so come O Love
come as Spirit
come through the smile of another
come through the beauty of the mountain
come on the wind
come through a child’s laughter
come in the Morels that grace the slopes
come in the flowers, pushing their way through the soil
come from places expected
and unexpected

come O love


No comments:

Post a Comment