Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Fathers


“I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments, when they aren't trying to teach us. We are formed by little scraps of wisdom.”
                                              Umberto Eco, Foucault's Pendulum
_________________________________________________

Thank you dad, for the little pieces of wisdom
Dropped along the way

Thank you for teaching me
That laughter is infectious
That it is OK to be silly (Corn and Pop Corn)
That it is important to care
That you need to pay attention to how you are impacting others
That you respect women, for they are equal to men (at the very least)
The importance of faith
The need for accountability
The value of faithfulness
The importance of loving your children, and doing things with them

Thank you for teaching me
How to attach a fly to a lead
How to appreciate the desert
About the beauty of a sunrise
The right way to take care of a yard
How to thread pipe
All the odd, but practical things that go with owning a house

Thank you for showing me
How to offer compassion
How to forgive
How to relax into joy

Thank you for pushing me
Expecting much of me
Guiding me
Supporting me

But most of all
Thank you
For
Loving me!


No comments:

Post a Comment