Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, July 21, 2018

equilibrium


“For Equilibrium, a Blessing:
Like the joy of the sea coming home to shore,
May the relief of laughter rinse through your soul.

As the wind loves to call things to dance,
May your gravity by lightened by grace.

Like the dignity of moonlight restoring the earth,
May your thoughts incline with reverence and respect.

As water takes whatever shape it is in,
So free may you be about who you become.

As silence smiles on the other side of what's said,
May your sense of irony bring perspective.

As time remains free of all that it frames,
May your mind stay clear of all it names.

May your prayer of listening deepen enough
to hear in the depths the laughter of god.”
John O'Donohue, To Bless the Space Between Us: A Book of Blessings
_____________________________

The ground is firm between my feet
a relentless sun
has transformed the earth
once softened by rain
into a baked hardness
remorseless

this harsh world
under my feet
seems to speak of the world

which once substantial, and beautiful
has become twisted

transformed by
power and self-indulgence
into something
Impenetrable and harsh

a wasteland
of hate and greed

a dry and barren land where there is no water

this twisted tilted world leaves me
out of balance
as if the very harshness of
children caged
poor shamed
vulnerable neglected
evil flourishing

without equilibrium

I find myself wishing another ill
Hoping for the eradication of an existence
Returning hate with hate
Intolerance with intolerance

I long for the echoes of Sacred Presence
Rattling around in my soul
Lifting me up
Quenching my thirst
Re-creating me

So that I can once again love
Once again hope
Once again have compassion

So that I may once again
Dance and laugh
With the music of love
Reverberating in my heart

May I find the Sacred within
My I find myself again
And in the extravagance of holy love
May my mind be healed
May my heart be healed
May my soul be healed

May I be at peace


No comments:

Post a Comment