Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, September 22, 2018

a work in progress


I am often a mess
often needy and grasping for acceptance and affection
often a "fixer"
often too busy to notice

I can be cold
I can be closed
I can be grasping
I can make myself a pest

I can end up in
Paradox hell

Trapped by conflicting priorities
Desires
Loves

All I really want to be connected with something bigger than myself
All I want is to be connected to others
To help others
And yes, to be helped by them

I want peace
I want joy
I want to wake up wanting to dance
I want to feel valued,
I want to feel loved

Forget big houses
Nice cars
And all the rest

I want to sit on a deck, watching the sunset
Holding hands with someone who is as passionate about me
As I am about them

How do I get there
Letting go would help, of expectations, rules, fears, hates
Being present would help too…. Being there for others
Offering not sympathy, which is often shallow and cheap
But empathy
Embracing their joy, embracing their pain

And yet I am often a mess
Often lonely
Often a pain

I guess all I can say is that I am a work in progress
And so my prayer for this day
On these late summer, early fall evening is….

A little love
A little wisdom
A little patience
A lot of openness

With a side of hope

please

No comments:

Post a Comment