Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, October 18, 2018

I am therefore I think


I am
Therefore I think

It is not always good thing

There are times when it feels as if there are a thousand TV blaring in my skull
All of them on a different station!

There are times when it is like a whirlwind
And I cannot grab
One cogent thought out of the chaos

At other times my thoughts simply fail
Slipping away in to oblivion
Lost
Like the mountain in the clouds of winter

Names, dates
Appointments, tasks
Gone
In the twinkling of an eye

And oh the thoughts that come
“you are not enough”
“you failed”
“you are not loved”
“you need to quit”

My brain is a bully
No doubt about it

And O the feelings it generates
Fear, anger
Hopelessness, helplessness

Sometimes I think my mind
While trying to define me
Causes me to lose my self

Drawing me away from my heart
Drawing me away from my soul

Someday, perhaps,
I will learn to live from the heart
Not from the mind

Someday, perhaps, although probably not today
I will learn to listen to the prompting of the Sacred within
Rather than the voice of my unreasonable reason
Perhaps someday, I will learn to “step away from the brain”

“be transformed” I am exhorted, “by the renewing of your mind” (Romans 12)

The only way that is going to happen
Is if I learn to quiet the mind
to have a calm brain

where the storm is quieted
and I can hear a single drop of rain
land on the pond

hear the ripple of the waves
the song of the sparrow
the cry of the hawk

where the chaos is stilled
and the cry of the heart is heard

“the mind is now stilled
hear the loving call of the Sacred
I am now at peace”

No comments:

Post a Comment